Tuesday, February 3, 2009

C'mon ride the train!

Okay, so I've officially jumped on the Blog Bandwagon. Yea, I know! I just thought it would be a nice way for our families and friends to keep up with what was going on in our life. Now please bear with me, this is very much a work in progress. I will try to update and post pics as often as I can or as often as I have something interesting to blog about. These days, that's pretty few and far between!

We are all doing well! Pete is keeping busy with work. (He's a personal injury attorney for those that don't know exactly what he does.) He is doing awesome with his new year's resolution and has already lost a ton of weight. He is training for a half marathon in March and had his first run outside the other day. Crazy!

The kids are fabulous! Addison will be 3 in June. WOW! My baby boy is really growing up! The kid talks non-stop from the moment he wakes up until the moment he falls asleep at night. He is constantly doing the play-by-play of the day and his favorite question to ask as of late is "What are ya gonna do afta dat?" I think he has a future as a sportscaster. Amarah will be 3 months in just 2 days and she is all smiles. She is becoming more vocal and loves to look at you and carry on a conversation. We are still working on tummy time. She absolutely hates it but we do our best. Addison adores his baby sister and tells us throughout the day "I love my sister." I think the adoration goes both ways. Whenever Addison is in eyesight, Amarah can't stop looking at her big brother.

I'm doing wonderful and feeling just as great. I also embarked on a new year's resolution to lose 30 pounds by Amarah's 1st birthday. So far, the official tally is 12.5 pounds lost. I can now wear the clothes I wore before I was pregnant with Amarah. How am I doing it, you ask? Just by walking on the treadmill and keeping a food journal. My ultimate goal is to get down to the weight that is listed on my driver's license. Yikes! Aside from the weight loss, I've been quite the homebody lately. I absolutely loathe winter! Why did I let Pete talk me into moving up here? We (meaning the kids and I) rarely go out. I hate getting bundled up and taking the kids out in this cold, especially with Amarah being so little and all the sickness that is going around so we tend to stay at home.

Well, that's it for now! The little monkey man just woke up from his nap so I can't type anymore.

1 comments:

lucysmom said...

Glad to see you on here. It will be fun to hear about your adventures of two. Then I can see what I have to look forward to in the distant future.