Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Morning

I would like to share with you a short play that I wrote titled, My Morning:

The scene opens to a couple sleeping soundly in there nice, warm bed. The alarm clock on the dresser reads 6:15am. Suddenly the couple is awakened from their slumber by the rattle of a bedroom door. They both realize that their young son has opened his door and is ready to begin the day. The father tosses off the covers and slowly walks to his young son's room. The following conversation takes place:

Father: Buddy, it's not time to get up yet. The sun is not up yet. It's 6:15 in the morning. It's still dark outside.

Son: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Father: Time to get back in bed bud.

Son: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

The father places the young son back in bed and pulls the covers over him.

Father: Close your eyes buddy and try to go back to sleep.

Son: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

The father comes back to the bedroom and trudges into the bathroom to shower and get ready for work. The sound of silence can be heard from the young son's room. The mother rolls over, pulls the covers up to her neck, closes her eyes and listens to the sound of the shower running.

Cue baby girl

Baby girl: WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

End Scene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mine woke me up at 330--i rolled her back to where she needed to be, pacified her, diapered her, blanketed her, and then went back to bed, then laid awake, then went to the computer until my husband woke up at 5, woke up the girl so she could see her daddy and give me some relief already! and THEN I finally got some more sleep myself. ugh!

Anonymous said...

What a good dad!

-Pete