Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

Yuck! It's such a blah, rainy day out today, but I guess I should look on the bright side. It's raining rather than snowing.

We had a rough night last night. Addison got up twice in the middle of the night. The first time Pete heard him, I didn't, and got him back to bed. The second time I heard him, Pete didn't, and I got him back to bed. He's so funny. I heard his door open. Don't recall what time it was. I go to his room and he's just standing there in his doorway. As soon as he sees me, he turns around, heads back to his bed and climbs right in. Maybe he was sleepwalking, I don't know.

Then Amarah decides she's going to fuss all night. Not to the point of me actually having to get out of bed and check on her but just enough to keep me awake. You know that feeling. You're laying there nice and cozy and you start hearing this little whimper coming from the monitor. You start silently chanting in your head "please go back to sleep! please go back to sleep!" in the hopes that the Gods of sleep will hear your plea and grant you a few more hours of shut-eye just this once. All hail the Gods of sleep!

So Addison finally got up for good at 6:15 this morning. UH! And Amarah followed shortly thereafter. Now it is officially naptime! The time of day that parents look forward to the most. Ok, maybe second to bedtime. I'm sitting here salivating as I smell the freshly baked strawberry cupcakes that I just took out of the oven. I'm delivering a meal tonight to one of the moms in my mom's group that just had a baby. Mmm...chicken tortilla soup and strawberry cupcakes. Good thing I made double!

0 comments: