Monday, February 9, 2009

Just another manic Monday...

I got that song stuck in your head now, didn't I? You're going to be singing it all day long and then you will stop yourself and curse me for doing that to you. Sorry! :P

We are back home this wonderfully blah and rainy Monday. We had been in the Quad Cities (or the QC) since Thursday. I mentioned in my first post that Pete is a personal injury attorney. He travels alot because of his job and on occasion, he has to stay overnight somewhere, which was the case this past weekend. He had a court appearance Friday morning in Monmouth, which is about 45 minutes from the QC, and then he had to travel back to the QC for a boat inspection at a salvage yard. Yeah, good times!

We decided to tag along and spend Thursday and Friday in the Ramada Bettendorf/Davenport. It was a decent hotel with a wonderful swimming area catered towards families with young children. I decided upon that hotel after consulting with Trip Advisor. If you have never been to this website before, I highly recommend checking it out when you are planning your next vacation or just an overnight hotel stay. Love, love, LOVE it!

We had a wonderful time in the QC. The kids and I were able to meet Auntie Gwen for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings (another one of my many loves) and visit her office afterwards. We had a nice little post-birthday party for Mimi N. at the hotel and the grandkids thoroughly enjoyed swimming with the grandparents. Here, see for yourself!

Addison, Mimi N, Papa N and Laney














Amarah taking her first dip



















He hates getting his face wet so I'm really surprised he did this.



















Man, there is nothing like swimming to help the kids sleep like rocks!

The next day the guys went off and did what guys do when they have guy time: Cheerleading Competition! Okay, I should mention that my father-in-law is a high school principal and his school's cheer team made it to the state finals in Bloomington and the guys headed over there Saturday morning to watch them perform and take 6th place! Congrats to them!

Here are the guys getting ready to leave.















So what did the girls do while the guys were away? Why, shop of course! What else is there for us to do?

So that was our weekend. We made it back in time last night to watch the Grammy's. So now it's just another Monday for us and back to watching my soaps and eating bon-bons. AHHH...the life!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like everyone had fun. I am sharing some 'bloggy love' with you- I linked from my site to yours, you may pick up a few readers from that. i have found it very interesting what tips tricks advice and plain old humor that these interwebbers can give out. Jill S.