Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm still here!

Pete has been reminding me lately that I haven't blogged in awhile, to which I reminded him that I was only going to blog when I had something interesting to blog about. So, what cool, hip and exciting things have we been up to? Not a darn thing! But it has been just over a week since my last entry so I thought it was due time.

Update on the kiddos: Addison is fantastic. He cracks us up everyday with the words and phrases that come out of his mouth. I should keep a notepad handy just so I can jot them down whenever he spouts them out. I could fill another blog with those! I have begun the process of looking at preschools as he will be 3 in June. Everytime I type it out it still amazes me. I can't believe he is going to be 3 already! And starting preschool?!? YIKES! How can I make him stop growing up?!

The latest issue we are working on with him is yelling and patience. How the heck do you teach a 2 year old patience? He wants what he wants when he wants. He also doesn't quite get the concept of time. He thinks that when he wakes up from his nap in the afternoon that it is the next day and it's time to have breakfast at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Hey, can't blame the kid for trying. Breakfast is great anytime of the day!

Amarah has been a bundle of fun lately...or not! She's been such a grouch potato and I started to think that maybe she was teething so I felt around her mouth...nothing. She does seem to be drooling alot more as of late, either that, or she has become rabid. I don't know. She will be 4 months in a week. We are going to start the sleep training by the end of next week. She sleeps so well when she is swaddled but then absolutely hates being in it. I don't recall at what age we started sleep training with Addison. He did so well with it. Can we get just as lucky the 2nd time around? Hmm...what else? Amarah still hates tummy time. I'm sure she thinks it's mommy's form of torture, or at least that's what she acts like.

Not much else is new. My parents are coming up tomorrow to visit for the weekend. Looking forward to that. They were supposed to come up last weekend but the beautiful Chicago weather put a stop to it. Well, that's all for now. Gotta go enjoy the wonderful silence that is naptime!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky! Wish my employees took "naptime" so I could enjoy some wonderful silence too! :)

-Pete

Anonymous said...

is she raising her head up and pushing up yet? keeley finally mastered that this week. thank god. she still doesnt like to lay on her belly, but she doesnt scream immediately anymore, she umm, enjoys it for a whiel and then screams oh well. at least its something. and i suppose you teach a 2 year old like you would anyone else, it's not your turn yet, when it's your turn you will be served. keep repeating it like the stupid telephone operators 'your call is very important to us, please hold the line, your call will be answered in the order it was received' --of course in words he can understand. not that i've raised a 2 year old, but um, you know.

Anonymous said...

What is sleep training?

My name is Lauren said...

We're going to check out a local preschool next Saturday. I'll fill you in on the details afterwards. That'd be pretty cool if the three of them could attend together!